Friday, September 5, 2008

My First 11 Weeks


Hi, my name is McKayla Yates Rawlinson.  I was born on 6/19/2008 at 1:50 p.m. to my wonderful parents John and Rebecca Rawlinson.  My daddy came up with my name from the internet and loved it from the start.  My middle name is my great grandmother's maiden name who I have never met, but have heard a lot about.  
I weighed in at 5 pounds, 9 ounces and was 18 1/4 inches long, which my mommy was very thankful for.  
Since my mommy just taught me how to use the computer, I am not going to write much about my first 11 weeks of life, but will from here on out, I promise.  My mommy told me that she wants me to write down what we do, so she could look back on it in the years to come, so here goes the abbreviated version of my life so far.
Week 1:  Mommy had a rough time getting me to eat, so I got pretty small.  I went in to see my doctor and wasdown to 4 pounds 15 ounces.  But, the highlight of my week was Aunt Kelly and Uncle Andrew came to visit.
 Week 2:  I decided that I was going to eat this week.  This time the doctor told me I weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.  Wow, I am growing fast.  At this rate, I'm going to be a lot taller than my Mommy!
Week 3: I have noticed that Mommy is acting a lot different these days.  Probably because I let her get a little more sleep.
Week 4:  I spent the night with my grandmother this week.  She sent me home in this dress.  I know I look cute and all, but I sure do feel funny.  Maybe I will grow into it soon.
Week 5:  I am continuing to get bigger and bigger.  Mommy is looking a lot better these days.  She even took a shower this morning and put on makeup.
Week 6:  Mommy had to return to work this week.  I was sad at first, but I get to stay with my grandmothers and they give me more attention than she does anyway.  I also decided that I would give mommy a break and sleep 8 hours straight.  She was so proud of me!
Week 9:  Mommy and Daddy took me to get my picture made this morning.  I was smiling for the camera and looking all cute and then you know what they did to me?  They took me back to that doctor that I saw a bunch the first few weeks of my life.  He was really impressed with me and told my mom that I weighed 10 pounds 5 ounces and was 22 inches long.  My mommy almost started crying.  I didn't see what the big deal was.  But then, this big fat scary lady with scrubs on came in and gave me 3 shots.  I thought my mommy and daddy were pretty mean to let that lady do that to me!  But my mommy put a bottle in my mouth and I immediately forgot all about it.

 Week 11:  I did a bunch of new things this week.  First of all I have started sleeping 11 hours at night.  I found that mommy and daddy are a lot more fun to be around when I do that, so I  think I may continue to do this until I start getting my teeth.  I also started bearing weight on my chubby legs and holding onto things.  
The way mommy and daddy acted you would have thought I had talked to them.  They get so excited over the smallest things.

2 comments:

Anita said...

How nice of you to be born on my birthday! I see you have your mother's looks and your daddy's sense of humor. You look stunning in these Halmark moments. When may expect to see your memoirs on the book store shelves? Love your style, girl!

Love, Aunt Nita

Anonymous said...

McKayla you have grown so much! You need to stop growing until we can get to memphis to visit you. love, kelly and andrew