Saturday, July 4, 2009


This week started out as a normal week.  Grammy took me to school on Monday, then Mommy stayed with me on Tuesday and THEN Wednesday, I woke up as sick as a dog!  I threw up all over Mommy, then Daddy's car and then Mommy 3 more times.  I got 3 baths, and 4 changes of clothes and so did Mommy.  After I got all of that out of my system, Mommy and I snuggled on the couch for the rest of the morning and watched Wimbledon (I think she secretly enjoyed me snuggling with her ;).  Then Daddy came home and spent the afternoon with me while Mommy went to work.  Here is me right before bed in my 5th outfit.  Don't I look sick?!?
On Thursday I woke up feeling like my old self again.  Mommy had to convince Grammy that I was all better.  She couldn't believe that I was so sick and already well, but I was.  And Mommy was right.  When she dropped me off at Grammy's house, I was acting like a crazy woman - playing with Abby (Grammy's dog), and throwing the ball (I even said ball before I threw it ;).  When Mommy called to check on me at lunchtime, Grammy had some news.  I was WALKING!!!!  I had taken 2 whole steps!!!  Mommy couldn't believe it.  I walked on July 2nd for the record books.  When Grammy dropped me off at Mommy's office, I showed off my new skills to all of Mommy's coworkers.  I walked about 10 steps down the hallway and acted like I did it all the time.  Hahaha, I'm silly.  Mommy & Daddy are so proud of me.  They are yet to get me to walk for the video camera, but when they do, I will be sure to post it on my blog!

Then, Thursday night, Mommy & Aunt Stefanie went to the lake to get some sleep and to get away from me and Gracen.  I can't imagine why they would want to do that, but I had a blast with Daddy.  He let me drink my milk in my big girl chair.
And gave me a box of Cheez-Its (Sorry these pics are blurry, but I accidentally changed the setting on the camera ;).  Check out the progression of me and the Cheez-it box...

Hahaha, that was fun!  There are Cheez-Its everywhere ;)

Then last night, Aunt Stefanie, Uncle Jared, and Gracen came over for burgers.  Gracen and I liked Daddy's burgers.  We also played in the yard.  Daddy gave me my bath while Mommy cleaned up.  Daddy, this is WAY to many bubbles, hahaha
Oh, I almost forgot, I have ONE final story from my week.  On Monday night, Mommy had made a chicken pot pie for us for dinner.  It was getting late and I was getting hungry, so Daddy felt that the chicken pot pie wasn't cooking fast enough, so he decided to put it on HIGH broil so the top would cook faster.  Mommy & I came in the kitchen and Mommy said, "What's burning?"  Daddy opened the oven and our dinner was BLACK!  Immediately I said, "Dada, UhOh"  I said my 1st sentence and how appropriate!!!!!  Ok, gotta go plan what we are doing for the 4th of July.  Mommy mentioned that we might go to the zoo.  I hope we do!!!!!!!


Camels & Chocolate said...

What a big week you had, BIG GIRL! Walking and talking--I won't even recognize next time I see you! GREAT Aunt Jeanie says she's so proud of you, too!

andrew said...

Wow, little lady. Did you get a job offer walking around the office looking like you owned the place? I would have offered you 6 figures straight up.

gracensmom said...

going to the zoo just to have a repeat of the week before!! cant wait until the next posting! mckayla, you are so good at updating yours, my mommy is slooowwww on updating mine :(